Best Android Apps – 2015
Welcome to list of best android apps in 2015. Here you can see top 10 android applications which you must install on your device. Every time I get a new Android smartphone, I install certain apps right away. For your benefit I’ve narrowed down the list to 10 Android apps I can’t live without. Here are the top 10 best android apps that any android user needs in their phone.
Best Android Apps in 2015
- It’s a navigation app.
- Users can link their foursquare/ facebook account.
- It gives the shortest route to the mentioned destination considering the traffic in between.
At the first glance, Waze seems pretty much like Google Maps with the only actual dissimilarity in the interface being that Waze displays the users in the area when the map loads. Getting down deep into the features, there certainly is a great difference between these two. The features of Waze are driven socially. The social media part lets users to add their Foursquare and/or Facebook account to link with friends, adding one more layer to the experience with Waze.
When the user keys in the destination, Waze estimates the route depending on the traffic conditions and shortest distance. Google Maps relies on traffic department for traffic updates, while Waze depends considerable on users going through the same path. This way, it makes users also a vital aspect of GPS navigation since they are allowed to report and give specifics on events they prefer to report. So waze is one of the best android app to have for navigation in 2015.
- Helps in hiding photos &video using passwords.
- Can be used to hide private contacts their call logs and messages.
- Can also be used as an app lock.
Vault is the best android app to increase privacy for your device. Do you have photographs on your smartphone that you don’t want others to see? If an app publisher tells you that they will keep your secrets safe would you trust them? The best advice when it comes to privacy and photos is “don’t take a photo that you don’t want your teacher/boss/mum/dad to see”.But as this advice is not always heeded, the next best thing is to keep them safe from prying eyes should anyone borrow, steal or find your phone.Vault makes it easy for you to fully control your privacy or secrets. Keep your pictures, videos, SMS, contacts, even Facebook messages private, and hide them from prying eyes. Protect your apps with a password or camouflage them for maximum privacy.
Top features of Vault: Hide and encrypt data
- Photos & videos protection: All files will be stored in a safe place and can only be viewed in Vault after entering the correct password.
- Contacts/SMS/Call logs protection: Allows users to create “private contacts”, whose messages and call logs will be hidden from the phone screen. Vault hides all incoming message alerts and text messages from those contacts for maximum privacy.
- App Lock: Facebook, Wechat, Email, Skype, Line, Tango…Apps that you choose to lock will be protected with a password. Premium users can select an unlimited number of apps to lock, and also enable Camouflage App Lock which lets locked apps appear as if they have crashed.
Next in the best android apps list is “Merriam Webster”.
3. MERRIAM WEBSTER
- It’s an app that is used as a pocket dictionary.
- It’s best feature that makes it under the top 10 android app list is that it has voice search.
Get best dictionary application for your android powered device. One of the world’s most respected and trusted dictionaries can now fit into your shirt pocket at no direct cost to your wallet. The dictionary android app also has a voice search feature. This dictionary app also includes pronunciation, synonyms, antonyms, example sentences and more.
Next in the best android apps list is “Google KEEP”.
- App that can be used for creating notes along with pictures.
- users can create a to-do list using google keep and sync them with google drive too.
Google Keep is an extension for Chrome that lets you create notes with pictures or text and sync them to the Android app or Google Drive. The great thing Google Keep is that it will work offline and sync with your devices when you get a connection again. Using Google Keep is a way to keep your task lists all in one place and synced across different devices.
- Sync notes across devices.
- Save on Google Drive and access through the Android app.
5. WPS OFFICE
- Used to create, edit, view and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- It supports almost all document formats and has a feature to print them using USB or bluetooth.
You’ve probably needed to edit a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet when you were away from a computer more than once. What you need, is an app like WPS Office on your phone.WPS Office is one of the best apps for Android to create, edit, view and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents, and the best part is, it’s free.
WPS Office provides all the functions you’ll need to create and edit documents including the ability to add comments, underline, make tables, create animations, insert pictures, and make shapes. For example, in my test, I didn’t miss any of the basic tools that you’d be able to find in Microsoft Word.
WPS Office supports all major document formats, up to a total of 23 including DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PDF. Once you have a document ready, WPS Office lets you save it on your phone, send it to a printer via USB or Bluetooth, share it via email, or upload it to different storage services in the cloud.
WPS Office integrates with Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive, so it’s extremely convenient as you’ll have your documents with you wherever you are.With an Android tablet, you’ll be able to make the most of WPS Office.
WPS Office is a highly recommended app if you need to work with Office documents because it’s free, it supports almost every imaginable format, and it includes all the tools you’ll need.
6. APP DIALER
- It is used to launch apps directly using a T9 typing on the keypad that it provides.
AppDialer is an incredibly efficient way to launch apps on your phone. The app opens an overlay on your screen, with a T9 interface to search for apps. The launcher updates as you’re typing, so you’ll usually see the app you’re looking for after two or three presses.
When you launch AppDialer, you’ll notice that there’s already a row of icons at the top of the launcher where the search results will appear. This is the Quick Launch area, which lists the most recently used apps. Sometimes, you won’t even have to search at all!
- Its an app that can be used to create a personal magazine using news of every field that it provides.
- The users can save any article they liked for later.
Flipboard is your personal magazine.it’s a single place to keep up on the news, follow topics you care about and share stories, videos and photos that influence you.
To start, follow a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
- An anti-virus app.
- Anti-theft app that has a feature of remote sms commands.
- Creates back-up of all contacts,messages and photos.
The chances that you’ll actually encounter malware for your Android are pretty slim—but it’s a chance not worth taking. avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus comes packed not only with antimalware tools, but anti-theft tools, privacy tools, and more besides. It’s also got an unbeatable price tag: free.Avast! protects your Android from the dangers of the network with its Mobile Security & Antivirus system. It integrates an anti-malware scanner, great anti-theft capabilities and various features to protect your privacy.
You can initiate scans on-demand or schedule them for a certain time. The antivirus software updates daily on an automatic basis.
The Web Protection module on avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus protects you in real-time while surfing the Internet, notifying you of any risks if you happen to access pages containing viruses or you seem to be at risk of phishing.Avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus also includes a firewall, but in order to use it, you have to have root privileges.
Talking of permissions, the Privacy Adviser should be mentioned. This provides an overview of the permissions required by the apps that are installed on your phone. You’ll discover which ones can trace your location, which can access and read your texts and multimedia messages and your address book, and so on. It’s therefore a useful tool to identify and possibly uninstall apps that are invading your privacy.
The anti-theft module allows you to create white lists of trusted SIMs (the only ones that can be used on the phone) as well as the option to perform remote operations that will safeguard your privacy. In the event of theft or loss, in fact, avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus allows you to use remote SMS commands to erase data, lock your smartphone, activate an alarm, get the GPS coordinates of where the phone is located, and much more.The application also integrates with avast! Mobile Backup (to be installed separately) by creating a backup copy of the contacts/address book, call and text message log and photos. This app is an all-in-one protection app that makes it to be listed in top 10 apps for android phones.
- This app comes with new set of themes for your keyboard.
- It has a great next word prediction that it learns from earlier messages that the user has sent.
SwiftKey is an input method for devices such as smartphones and tablets. SwiftKey uses a blend of artificial intelligence technologies that enable it to predict the next word the user intends to type. SwiftKey learns from previous SMS messages and output predictions based on currently input text and what it has learned.
SwiftKey is an on-screen keyboard that adapts to the way you type. Spend less time correcting your typos, and more time expressing what you really mean.
10. INBOX by GMAIL (BETA VERSION)
- This app is built by the Gmail team and helps in organizing the mails in your Gmail inbox.
- Reminders and snooze time can be added to the mails.
Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters.
• BUNDLES – Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one tap.
• HIGHLIGHTS – Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• REMINDERS: More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE: Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH: Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend’s address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL: Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are in Gmail and will always be.
NOTE: This app is by invite only. You can request an invite from Gmail.
The following were the top 10 must have best android apps. The apps mentioned in this articles have high ratings and downloads on the playstore. The apps that are listed are according to the day to day needs for any user. These apps provides an extra functionality to the phones and make it more interesting.